LOCKOUT / TAGOUT
- Lockout/Tagout can save lives during machine maintenance and interventions in production facilities. 15-20 of workplace accidents can be avoided with Lockout/Tagout which is why the procedure should be part of any ambitious go for zero programme that bans accidents from the workplace.
- Establishing an efficient Lockout Program in 4 steps
- Create energy control (LO/TO) policy & procedures
- Identify all energy control points
- Equip authorized employees with the proper lockout tools and warning devices
Every year thousands of workers get killed or injured while performing repairs or maintenance on industrial equipment or machinery. Many of these accidents are caused by the uncontrolled release of energy. In Europe however, several regulations exist, requiring that all energy sources are turned off and "locked out" while machines are being serviced or repaired.